Kane County Chronicle Gallery
Solo or Group Show Rentals
Water Street Studios is soliciting artists who are interested in having a solo/private group show in our Kane County Chronicle Gallery. All forms of art are acceptable: (i.e. paintings, sculptures, drawings, photographs, fiber). Solo exhibitions run for up to a month depending on desired length, and are open during gallery hours and special events. There is a nonrefundable submission application fee of $100 per week (10% discount for Members and Residents).
Fee Member/Resident One Time
1 Week $100.00 $90.00
2 Weeks $200.00 $180.00
3 Weeks $300.00 $270.00
1 Month $400.00 $360.00
Refundable Security Deposit $100.00
How to Apply:
Artists interested in submitting
artwork for a solo or group show must submit a completed
application packet. To download an Application click here:
Kane County Chronicle Gallery Rental Application.
Solo or Group Show Application Packet includes the following:
- A completed Solo Show Application Form (see page 3). Please provide your website information, titles, prices for the artwork and description of medium used. This information will be used for our social networking accounts, website and monthly email blasts.
- Images of your proposed artwork. Please label images with their respective names. Applications without images of work will NOT be considered. Three dimensional artworks such as sculpture must include images showing at least 3 viewpoints of the artwork. Digital images must be provided on a CD. Images emailed will not be considered. All images should be Jpeg files and labeled with the name that the piece it represents.
- Nonrefundable Application Fee of $100 per week. Artist Members receive a one-time 10% discount per year on their application. Fully refundable $100.00 security deposit due in addition to application fee.
- (Paying by check - please make out to Batavia Artists Association nfp, Inc. and mail to 160 S. Water Street, Batavia, IL).
- Artists may also submit their résumé, artist statement, or additional narrative on a separate sheet of paper that describes the artwork submitted. (Optional but recommended).
The exhibit will be open during gallery hours and special events.
Gallery hours: Fri 6-10pm, Sat 10-6pm, Sun 12-4pm.
Set up and take down date specifics:
- Artists can start setting up for their show on Wednesday and take down their work the following Monday at the latest. Times are scheduled by appointment.
- Pedestals and basic supplies for hanging and or display can be provided for the artist depending on availability. Please contact 2nd Floor Gallery Manager ahead of time to make any special arrangements.
- The 2nd Floor Gallery Manager must approve any special requirements for hanging or displaying artwork beforehand.
- There is a $100 refundable security deposit, which will be refunded upon returning the gallery to its original condition. Payment for show is required in order to reserve the dates for exhibit.
- Artists must spackle and paint after their show is down either on Sunday or Monday. Spackle and paint will be provided by WSS.
- Water Street will help promote opening reception for any Solo Exhibit in the second floor gallery via social networking accounts, website and monthly email blasts.
- If artists are interested in additional marketing such as cards and window stickers, please contact Graphic Designer:
- Dan Kazmer at email@example.com
- Commission - All sales are 100% to the artists and must be handled by the artist. Those interested in purchasing will be instructed to contact artist. (A notice with artist contact information should be displayed by the artist for the exhibit).
- Sales through the gallery are subject to a 60 (artist)/40 (WSS) commission structure. Artist will then receive a check for any sales at the beginning of the next month following the end of the show. Artist may decline this offer entirely.