160 S. Water St. || Batavia, IL 60510 || 630.761.9977
Gallery Hours: Mon 10a-2p, Thur 10a-2p, Fri 5p-9p, Sat 10a-2p, Sun 12p-4p
117 W. Main St. || St. Charles, IL 60174 || Print Lab
- About Us
- 4th Anv Show 2013
- Gallery H20
- I AMerican
- Facility Rental
- 2nd Floor Gallery Show Rentals
- Apocalypse Show Dec 17 2012
- Your Printshop is in another castle Sep 21 2012
- Exquisite Corpse Oct 29-Nov 7
- Solo Show: Peter Kenar June 24 2011
- Congressional Show May 6 2011
- Batavia High School AP Art Class Exhibit April 12-April 18 2011
- Built by Tim Kowalczyk Jan 8 2010
- Solo Show: Chris Chaney & Mary Chaney Dec 11 2010
- Birdland Group Flocks to Water Nov 13 2010
- French Artists Exchange Program Sept 29 2010
- Steven Lockwood Aug 13 2010
- G.T. Tisori July 23 2010
- Body Adorned Sept 8 - Sept 16 2012
- your printshop are in another castle
- Batavia High School AP Shows
- Rita Grendze: Well-read Aug 1 2012
- Congressional Art Competition April 23 2012
- Energy Show April 20 2012
- Ed Cook Dec 9-Dec 18
- Batavia AP High School Show April 13 2012
- John Spiteri & Carey Overstreet Nov 12-Dec 6
- Futures Gallery Shows
- Past Gallery Shows
- ŏn-sŏm' bəl
- Summer Show July 12 - Aug 24 2013
- Anniversary Show Sep 17-Dec 31 2011
- Spring Show April 23-Aug 14 2010
- Winter Show Jan 15-April 3 2010
- Grand Opening Sept 18 2009
- Temporary Location 2008
- Carbon Show April 12-June 29 2013
- Winter Show 2013
- 3rd Year Anniversary Show 2013
- Indulge June 1 - Sept 8 2012
- Illuminate Jan 27-May 12 2012
- 2nd Year Anniversary Show Sept 30-Dec 31 2011
- Summer Show: June 3-Sept 10 2011
- Winter Show: Jan 28-May 14 2011
- Submit Online
January 24th, 2014
A multi-media exhibition exploring what it means to be an "American" from the perspective of bi-cultural artists living in the US.
Printshop | Ceramic Studio | Metalshop
Water Street Studios strives to create an environment in which artists, regardless of their level of expertise, have access to the equipment that is needed to make their art without having to rent a studio in the facility.
Emerging Printmaking program, Variety of presses to suit every printmaking process. 117 W. Main St. || St. Charles
If you are interested in renting studio space, please let us know so that you can be next in line. We strongly encourage volunteering in the gallery before signing a contract for a studio.
"Sixteen thousand square feet occupied by 28 humans of infinite creative possibilities."
School of Art
Water Street Studios offers an amazing variety of classes for all ages and experience levels. It is our philosophy that everyone from preschoolers to seniors can use art in their lives. Classes run on a trimester schedule and are staffed by professional and working artists.
Best of Show
Congradulations to Juan Fernandez for winning Best of Show in our 4th Aniversary Show! Best of Show Artists are awarded: $250 and a free two weeks Solo Show in Water Street Studios Kane County Chronicle Gallery, valued at $200.
Kane County Chronicle Gallery
Kane County Chronicle Gallery, located on our 2nd floor is available for rental for any artist that wants to have a solo or group show.
4th Anniversary Show
Opening Reception: Oct 4th
The 4th Year Anniversary Show will begin at 6pm (5pm for Members) and Best of Show will be announced at 6:45pm in the main floor gallery.
Our retail store, Gallery H2O, is adjacent to Water Street Studios' fine art gallery and offers quality artistic items for your everyday shopping needs.
3rd Sunday of Every Month, 7-9pm
Waterline Writers host monthly readings where writers read excerpts from their own work, including fiction, poetry, plays, lyrics, spoken word, storytelling, stand-up comedy, experimental and multi-media work.
Wordplay at Water Street
Hosted by Adam Gottlieb
For teens and college-aged students who love to write. Writing workshops at 7. Open mic at 8. Performances by featured poets at 9. Every 4th Friday of every month.
Art Flow is our Community Outreach Arts Education program that provides positive, artistic experiences for students and adults in the Fox Valley area.
Awesome Art Afternoons
Free Art Classes
Every Sunday 1-3p. Admire amazing art in the gallery, Be creative and spend quality time with the ones you love. Activities include: drawing, coloring, pasting or painting. All ages: Best for ages 3 and up accompanied by an adult at all times.
Mission: Batavia Artists Association at Water Street Studios was founded to advance art education and appreciation by developing the promotion of fine arts in Batavia and neighboring communities. As an integral part of our community, the Batavia Artists Association at Water Street Studios strives to create a personal and diverse venue for creativity, collaboration, expression and education.
WSS was one of the Best Art Gallery in 2010.
In 2011 & 2012 we were Best Art Gallery and one of the best for family recreation and live music.
Additional support comes from our Artistic Development Sponsor:
Water Street Studios is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency:
Additional funding provided by:
Get in Touch
Special Events each Month:
-Waterline Writers (3rd Sunday)
-WordPlay (4th Fridays)